Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two weeks until ArtFest

I leave for Seattle and then Port Townsend, WA two weeks from tomorrow. So many things to do. Trades to pack and headers for those, supplies to gather up and maybe purchase for classes, decorate my suitcases, figure out clothes for that climate. UGH!!!

Bought another camera today. Dropped my second camera in Venice, Italy last year and it is cheaper to buy a new one. Cheaper? did they say? HMMM.

I am decorating tote bags to sell at Art Unraveled in August. My son, Todd, is doing the screen printing for me. They will be neat. I thought this was a little early to start, but he assured me that it wasn't. Bought the fabric today for him to screen print. They will have enlargements of some of my stamps I sell with fabric collage and maybe added fibers, charms, beads, etc.

Am thinking about going to Art and Soul in Portland in October. I WANT to back to Paris and Italy, but maybe Art and Soul will be cheaper. Inviting a friend to go with me.

FINALLY bought the correct paper for my color printer - I HOPE!!! Lots of things to print and not having the printer going inhibits my art work.

ON MARTHA STEWART: I watched about 10 minutes of her the other day (about all I can stand - my apologies to MS die-hard fans). Then I took my shower and was thinking:
1. I am showering with imported French water piped into my shower through my imported
hand crafted water tank.
2. My shampoo comes directly to me from the Italian manufacturer who is a dear friend
who packages sit for me in hand-blown Morona glass bottles. The perfune he uses comes
from Sienna, Italy.
3. Shaved underarms and legs with German razors filled with Swiss blades especially designed
for my sensitive skin. I wouldn't use ANY other kind.
4. Dried off with my 1,000 count Irish cotton towels.

Well, that wasn't me, but I sure could hear Martha saying that. Hope this made you laugh.

Once I get my blog reorganized by my friend Heather Bluhm and a new header I will post more often. I am just not happy with this particular layout.

Later, dear friends.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo,

You will love Portland! It is a real different area compare to Kansas that's for sure. The driving about town is pretty crazy though!
I just carved my own rubber stamp OH HOW FUN!!! I'm addicted yet to another craft!
Also found a new book that had a great idea for making a bracelet with an old belt! Now we know what to do with the buckle and the belt!

Have a great hair day! Becci

Sharon Zeller Clark said...

Hi Jo,
Tried to send you an email but it didn't go through. Yes, you are the first to post so will send you a little present soon!
I enjoyed reading your blog and got quite a giggle out of Ms. Martha's description of her bath!
I also checked out The Queen's Dresser Drawers...lots of great things to peruse and tempt me there.
Enjoy your time in Oregon and don't give up on Paris and Italy!!
Alma Jane
http://almajanesattic.blogspot.com

SC-The Artful Mama said...

Jo,
I'm absolutely flabbergasted to have your comment posted on my blog! I have been a HUGE fan on your stamps for a few years.... what a thrill to see your name! :)
I have earmarked your blog and can't wait to read more about your art and adventures!!!!
I love Portland....may you have many grand adventures! :)
xoxooxo
Susan Chong
aka The Artful Mama
beegsmachine@yahoo.com

veronica said...

Hey Jo,
I am trying to email you too but it isn't going through either. Can you email me at VRosenshein@aol.com with your new email address? thanks so much
Veronica

Jamie said...

Hi Jo,

Sorry that we didn't get the chance to meet at ArtFest. I read about the airlines losing your luggage and while it must have been frustrating, I think it's great that you didn't let it ruin your trip! Sorry about the mishap but really glad to know you made the best of it. :-)

I hope we get the chance to meet at a future ArtFest.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog! And I also just checked out your rubber stamps and they are awesome!